Is.55:8-9 says, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD."For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."
These two verses became such true statements to us just a year ago. One year ago was the day that I went into the hospital and was put on complete bed rest. At only 23 weeks pregnant all I could think of was the fact that if this baby was born now she would have so many problems and probably not even live. And yet God's thoughts and ways were higher and different than mine. Bed rest for the whole summer last year was not on my agenda but it was on God's and looking back I can thank Him for allowing me to go through something like that b/c it strengthened my faith in Him, kept my eyes on Him, and increased my love for Him. It's easy for me to focus on the "bad" in a situation like this or in other very serious trials that God has brought us through but I praise Him that He gives me His word to direct my weak and fainthearted mind back to Him.
As I sat today pondering on the whole of last summer while looking at the 9 month old little Ireland that I held in my arms I was again amazed to know that my God is a good God and gives me more than I deserve. I was reminded that "All things work together for good, to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose." (Rom.8:28) and that God's desire for me is to become "conformed to the image of His Son" (v.30). How I praise Him for Ireland Faith, for the miracle of answered prayer, and for the privilege He allowed me to have to go through a hard time in order to learn to trust Him more!
Tonight as I rocked Ireland to sleep I was looking at the shirt that she was wearing today. A friend gave it as a gift to her and it says 'perfect in every way.' When I first got it I thought, "she sure isn't perfect b/c she is a sinner that needs to put her trust in Christ someday." But then tonight I was thinking how perfectly God has made her. She could very easily have been born at 23 weeks or anywhere in between there and would have faced many problems that could have perhaps been permanent. Yet, God by His gracious hand spared her inside til 36 weeks and she was born perfectly formed and without any problems. How I again praise Him that she is as her shirt says, "Perfect in every way!"Now an update on our 9 month old bundle of miracles:
- Ireland weighs (about) 15lbs 4oz
- She nurses 4 times a day and eats some baby food but still isn't crazy about it.
- She sits up and has started to get down and try to scoot or reach and roll until she gets wants.
-She has really started to babble more in the past couple weeks. last week at the beach she said "ma ma!"
- She loves seeing her sister do funny stuff and gets excited when she sees her in the a.m.
- She smiles all the time and is a happy and content baby
-She loves to cuddle and most times gets rocked to sleep for naps and bed. (I know some of you think I'm crazy but she loves it and so do I and she falls to sleep quick so we're 'Cherishing the moment!'.)
- She has been "fearfully and wonderfully made" and we thank God for giving her to us.
7 comments:
She is a sweetie pie! And I often think of the miraculous way God spared her and Isabelle, too, for that matter! God is so good.
I am so happy for you guys! Two gorgeous little miracles :-)
She is a precious baby girl! It is amazing to see how far the Lord had brought you. You will never regret the time you spent rocking her to sleep!
What a beautiful post about a precious little girl. We praise God for her and for all of you! Love you guys!
I love the new wall paper as well as the cute post :)Love ya Daynes!
I'm checking back into the blogging world. I'm sure I will have a relapse again shortly. Yet, I was thoroughly blessed by Ireland's entry. I started tearing up, so I know I was blessed.
Thanks for seeking after the Lord in ALL things. This is how we encourage each other and everyone who reads these words to follow our precious and KNOWING Savior.
Check your Beach Comment Board TOO!
See you Soon,
Christy
Loved reading your post about Ireland. Glad you now get to enjoy this summer with your two beautiful miracle babies!!:) Love you!!
Post a Comment