On Thursday afternoon we left for a 2 night 3 day trip to Myrtle Beach. We got this trip from a call about listening to a time share and then you can stay for no charge. So just for the cost of gas to get there and a couple of meals we got to go on a short trip to Myrtle Beach. Our hotel room was pretty nice the first night. Then later in the evening we noticed the smell of smoke coming through the door. So we covered up the entire door with towels hoping that the smell might be gone in the morning. When the towels came down the smell of smoke was still there so we called the front desk. It seems that even though the rooms are all "smoke-Free" rooms the people next door were still smoking. So to our suprise we were upgraded to an ocean-front room! God works all things together for good!! What a beautiful room we then enjoyed and the sight of God's mighty ocean!!!
The weather was gorgeous and in the 80's. We got in around 4pm Thursday and stayed through noon on Sat. On Thursday we walked to the ocean pier and ate at a little resteraunt there. The walk was pretty windy but beautiful. Isabelle LOVED being able to run free on the beach. Ireland just liked being on her Daddy's back. On Friday, (after our room change) we had a presentation to listen to of which Ben made it clear that we were not interested in buying so we got through it pretty quick and back to enjoying our "free" trip! We then took the girls to the pool. They had a kids area, lazy river, and large pool. Isabelle hasn't ever liked big pools and things haven't changed too much. I think she'll get better as she get's older, I was the same way with pools and lakes when I was young. Ireland on the other hand loved the pool and her pool float. (Isabelle did not like her pool float when she was this age) Ireland just smiled and laughed the whole time. After some time in the pool we decided to head to the beach. This did not last long. On Friday it was SOOOOO windy that our umbrella was blowing away and sand was blowing everywhere. It was past nap time so we headed back to the room for some R&R. I on the other hand headed to the pool to get some sun on my more than white self!! After a whole summer (last summer) w/o on ray of sun I needed to catch up on the "vit. D" and I think I did based on the color of my arms right now!!! :) ha!
After nap we headed to this ocean beach marina (can't remember what it's called). We had dinner there and just walked around. It was really nice. when we got back we got changed into coordinating outfits for some pics on the beach. They turned out ok. I would have liked to have taken more but the girls were about done with the day at that point.




8 comments:
What a fun trip!!! Glad you were able to get away for a few days! I love the beach pics of the girls! Did you use a sheet from the hotel??
Looks like a great time. Such cutie pics!
yes april, I did borrow the sheet from the hotel. I'm sure they won't mind a little sand, right!?!
It all comes out in the wash anyway! I think it was a good idea!
Looks like you had a great time! I love all the pics from the beach. Your girls look like they enjoyed it too! Does little Ireland ever stop smiling? :)
cute pics Daynes
Love all your pictures and glad that you had such a good time. We have done a few of those "free" trips ourselves and benefited greatly :)
Yeah for the BEACH! It out beats camping any day...I'm trying to convince April :)).
Hmmm, are those white legs I see?
Hee Hee Hee.
Post a Comment