(baby #3 is not in hiding anymore!!)
I went to the dr. yesterday for an ultrasound to check my cervical length and make sure that it was not shortening yet. The length looked great the dr. said (big praise!)and I wasn't planning on being able to see the baby but she decided to take a closer look at my placenta so did a regular ultrasound too. Ben wasn't able to come b/c of some respnsibilities he had to fulfill and it was fine b/c we weren't planning on being able to see the baby. Anyways, the nurse asked me if I wanted to find out and OF COURSE I wanted to find out!!!! It's not our first baby so I fugured Ben wouldn't mind and I could suprise him with the news (he didn't mind and I was able to suprise him!!). Well the news was...BOY!!!! She didn't take a picture of him b/c I'm just 16 weeks but she was very certain of the gender and I know that I have not seen that inside of me!!!! haha!!! To see a baby boy inside after seeing a girl 2 times is a little on the weird side! We are SUPER excited!! I was REALLY hoping for a boy (as many of you know!!) and was thinking that I was feeling different than with the girls. So...YAY!!!! Bring on the BLUE!!!!!!
The Prayer Request: The reason the nurse took a look with the regular ultrasound anyways was b/c of the placenta. It seems that the placenta is down low right now and down by the cervix. It is not covering the cervix like placenta pervia but it would be much better if the placenta would move north! She said it's not a problem right now or someting to worry about so we're just going to pray that it would move back up. There was also something called a placenta lake right next to the placenta which is like a pool of blood. Again she said it was not something she was real concerned about at this time but again something that we don't want to get worse and that we will pray will go away. We will ask that you might pray with us about these things along with the regular prayer that I stay free from contractions, stay off of bedrest, and have no labor til 36 weeks! Of course I expected everything with the placenta and all to be fine and didn't expect something to be wrong so I was a bit sad but seeking to trust God that He is in control and has planned this to happen. I will have another ultrasound (the big one) in 2 weeks (June3rd). This will be with my High-Risk dr. We are praying that the placenta will move by then and we will here positive news above all of the above! Thank you for praying with us!
The Prayer Request: The reason the nurse took a look with the regular ultrasound anyways was b/c of the placenta. It seems that the placenta is down low right now and down by the cervix. It is not covering the cervix like placenta pervia but it would be much better if the placenta would move north! She said it's not a problem right now or someting to worry about so we're just going to pray that it would move back up. There was also something called a placenta lake right next to the placenta which is like a pool of blood. Again she said it was not something she was real concerned about at this time but again something that we don't want to get worse and that we will pray will go away. We will ask that you might pray with us about these things along with the regular prayer that I stay free from contractions, stay off of bedrest, and have no labor til 36 weeks! Of course I expected everything with the placenta and all to be fine and didn't expect something to be wrong so I was a bit sad but seeking to trust God that He is in control and has planned this to happen. I will have another ultrasound (the big one) in 2 weeks (June3rd). This will be with my High-Risk dr. We are praying that the placenta will move by then and we will here positive news above all of the above! Thank you for praying with us!
10 comments:
Aw - that is so great! Congratulations :-) We'll be praying about the placenta issues!
Im so happy for you about your boy!!! Will be praying for you!
Yay for BLUE!!! I can't wait to meet him!! Will be praying!
Let me know what you need. You know I have lots of boy stuff.
Congrats on the boy (be careful...I had an ultrasound at 17 weeks w/ Annika and they said boy). We were shocked when she was born. :) We will be praying for you!!
So exciting...and we will be praying :) I remember having the wierd "boy" feeling inside me too! But OH, how I love Graydon :)
Opps..just realized I was logged in under my sister...Shore...well...that was a Hammond post...not a Shore!!
Yeah!! Congratulations! This is wonderful news and we will certainly be praying! How very exciting - there is a difference between the two! ;-) You'll LOVE it!
I'm so so excited for you guys. You are going to love having a boy! Praying for you!
YAY!!! For little boys!!! How exciting for you guys. I bet the girls are excited to have a little brother. I will be praying that your placenta moves and you don't have any complications.
Post a Comment