This weekend we had to leave Isabelle for the first time overnight (since the NICU days) as we went on the staff retreat with all the pastors at Calvary. We had a great time in Flat Rock, NC and the surrounding towns. The colors up in the mountains we gorgeous! What a beautiful view we had of God's handy work when we were up on top of the mountain and when we did some hiking.
Of course we both missed Isabelle so much, but I was the one with the tears when we went to bed both nights thinking of her. She did very well though and had a great time with Kylee Moye and "Nana Manor!" She just loved having some little kids to watch and play with and laugh at!
Hope the new slide show comes up okay. Also take a look at Ben's new Truth Trackers website that he just recently gave a "face lift" to. www.truthtrackers.org

5 comments:
We're forwarding these pictures to our church for an idea for our next staff retreat! Although...what's a staff retreat?? :)
Wow, looks awesome. I know how hard it is to leave the kiddos. Don't like to do it, but need to sometimes!
Hey, I bet it was hard to leave Isabelle. Believe it or not -- Jason and I are going on a date this coming Friday night and it is the first time we have hired a babysitter since being in Ohio!! We will have been here 1 year next week. I just hate to leave the girls!! However, I know that both Jason and I are looking forward to our time away -- even if it is for a few short hours!! Can't wait to see you on the shopping trip.
Kelly
Looks like a great place to have a retreat! What beautiful pictures. Dayna, I am not sure it ever gets easier leaving your children. After 11 years married and almost 9 with children, it is still very hard to have them away from me. We just did that for teacher's convention (Emilee was with us) and it was a treat to be with Scott but it sure was nice to see all my munchkins again. When Luke walked in the door he said, "I love you Mommy; I missed you Mommy!" Oh what wonderful words. Love, Michelle
Go Dana! Nice slide show! :-)
I'm so glad you guys could go away together and that Isabelle did a wonderful job! I'm sure you don't want to rush off on another trip without her anytime soon, but the next time will be easier. :-) I have no idea when I'll leave Jonas for the first time!
Sarah
Post a Comment