


We went Thursday night to Lowe's and bought our Christmas tree! Getting and decorating our tree is one of our favorite holiday things to do together (of course as we listen to Christmas music!). Last year someone offered to buy our tree for us as a gift so we were able to get an 8ft tree. This year we decided to settle on a 6-7ft tree which is closer to 7ft than 6ft, but it's beautiful. We went to the trees and I said "Oh, these look so short!" So Ben grabbed one from the back that looked taller and was still tied up. He untied it and it looked pretty good so he said, "Let's get it!" But for me I want to make sure I have the "best" tree. "Oh, no we have to open up a few more!!!" I said. Well, with a little convincing by my lovely husband that this tree would do we ended up with the first one we looked at and it tured out really pretty all decorated. :) Today we put up some lights outside so, minus the snow, things are looking more like Christmas!
6 comments:
Your tree looks beautiful, I am sure that Isabelle loves looking at it(and touching!)
Dayna you are so funny!
Your decorations look beautiful! I love your story about picking out the tree, Dayna! That sounds like how Paul and I shop - he likes the first one he sees, I like to make sure it's the right one! :)
Beautiful tree. How much ribbon did it take for your tree? I have been wanting to do that for several years.
I also like to look at all of them. Usually we end of getting the one of the first ones. It sort of a girl thing, I think. :) Miss you all.
Dayna, I am impressed that Ben will let you get a real tree. Michael just pulls ours out of the box, sets it up in the living room, and tells me that it is my turn! Then I have to spend the next several hours by myself bending branches, stringing lights, and hanging ornaments. Our very first tree was real but we didn't know that we were supposed to cut the bottom off, so it died within two weeks! Never again :)
Your tree is BEAUTIFUL! Is Isabelle leaving it alone :)
Very pretty! We haven't decorated outside yet. I hope we put a few lights up this week!
I do hope we get some snow this year! Isabelle, your just too cute!
Post a Comment