Ireland Faith is 11 weeks old and has just started smiling when you talk to her in the last few days. She's been very attentive and serious looking since this time. So I was able to snap a few pics the other day of her having happy faces and sweet looks.
We have had a very been a busy weekend. Ben's ordination council met to question him on friday and he did very, well praise the Lord, and received a 100% vote by the council. It was so nice to have Ben's good friend Lukus Counterman come for a few days before the council for some Truth Trackers meetings. Mom and Dad Ice, and Paul, Scott, and Michael were able to come down for the council as well. After the council met on Friday morning for a few hours, we had a luncheon and then came back to our house. Later that evening we went for pizza (Ben and Lukus actually were at the church for a Family Activity) and then we all stayed up way to late fellowshipping and having fun chatting! I will say there were too many boys here and Liesl and sister-in-laws you were very much missed! Sunday was the big ordination service day. The service was in the evening and was great. Ben's dad gave the charge to Ben and Pastor Taylor gave the charge to the church. Then the pastors and ordained men came and prayed over Ben committing him to the gospel ministry. What a blessed day and weekend we had! God has been so good to us. We praise Him for how He has clearly lead and directed us in each step of our lives!


12 comments:
Ireland is getting so big!!! Love those chubby cheeks!!
We are so happy for Ben! I was sad to have to miss the service last night, I really wanted to be there.
Congrats Ben! Love the smiley pics of Ireland esp. the one with her tounge out. I love chubby cheeks - so much more to kiss!!!
Congratulations Ben!!! I'm so happy for God's leading in your lives! You guys are quite the testimony to all!!!
Ireland is so cute! Keep those smiley pictures coming!!!
Congratulations to Ben! I wished I could've been there too, but I heard Ben did a fantastic job. PTL! Those new pics of Ireland are adorable - what a sweetheart!
We are so excited for you guys! Did they question you, too, Dayna? Jeremy got ordained two weeks before we got married; so I didn't have to be questioned :) I was quite happy to be able to miss out on that!
No, I wasn't questioned. I just had to give my testimony of salvation and support of Ben in the ministry.
I'm so proud of you Ben. I knew you had it in you. :) I'm looking forward to being home soon...hopefully I'll be able to see ya'll before I go back. Ireland is beautiful! It's hard to believe that she's already 11 weeks. Time has flown. I'm praying for you.
Hi,
I am a friend of Kelly Hammond's and I like to check to see how you guys are doing. I prayed diligently for Dayna and baby Ireland and it's been awesome to see how God has worked. Even my mom asked how Dayna was doing.:) Blogging has opened up a neat opportunity for intercessory prayer. She's a beautiful little baby. You must be thrilled with her growth and development. :)
Anyway, I am writing to ask you if you still have the link to Tony Dungy's testimony. We listened to it back at the beginning of the year, shared it with my in-laws and my father-in-law shared it with his unsaved coworker.
I am trying to locate that link for my cousin who is a big Dungy/Colts fan. If you could give me some direction as to where to find it, that would be great. I tried to access it from your blog but it seems to have expired. Perhaps that is my answer but I thought that I would double check. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.
Sincerely,
Rachel Feehan mrfeehan@knology.net
I'm not sure of the link of his testimony anymore. You can try to put in "listen to Tony Dungy's testimony" on google and see what comes up.
Thank you again for your prayers for us during the summer. God has surely done great things!
I found something on YouTube. Thank you so much for helping me:).
Rachel Feehan
Praising the Lord with you, Ben and D. SO glad to hear (and not surprised a bit) that Ben's ordination council went so well! And Ireland is a doll... her hair is amazing!! :) She and Isabelle are like night and day.
D., I miss you! I've been busier than I like it lately... hope to have a little slower pace soon, with an upcoming break from classes. I'd love to connect with you via phone sometime soon.
Glad to see you are all doing well!
Love,
Lianna
Congratulations, Ben! Sure wish I could have there too! We have heard many times, Ben, what a wonderful job you did. Love the new pics of Ireland. Can't believe how much they change in those first weeks. Love the chubby cheeks!:)
Post a Comment