Today we did some pumpkin carving and this was the first year that Isabelle was old enough to be somewhat interested in what was going on. She liked watching Daddy but thought all the "goop" inside the pumpkin was gross and she kept saying "eew, eew yuck!" We always like to carve something unique, do this year we decided to carve our family. Isabelle, Daddy, Mommy and Ireland. Ben did all the carving and did a great job in my opinion. While he was finishing the carving I was getting the pumpkin seeds ready for toasting. Yummy! Isabelle even liked the toasted pumpkin seeds. And lest we forget baby Ireland, she was with us too but taking a nappy in her swing. (by way of congrats to Ireland...she slept from 10:30pm til 6:30am last night!!! Yeah for Ireland and Mommy!!! We hope it continues.) Happy Fall to ALL!!!


15 comments:
D. and family,
Hello!! It's been a while since I've checked your blog, so it was GREAT to see you all there tonight, and catch up on Ice family life. SO great to see beautiful Ireland, and to see you up and around again. :)
I'll call you SOON, but just wanted to say hi for now at least!
Love,
Lianna
What a great job on the pumpkin!! Ben is very talented!
We had fun spending time with y'all today.
Just saw your pics on facebook and we could tell who was on the pumpkin just by looking - very cool!!! (Although not quite sure why Ben gave himself a pitchfork?!?). :-) I love that Isabelle and Ben have th same smile - it's so cute!
Okay, please tell me that was a stencil that Ben used for your family! That is so good! Looks like you had fun!
That pumpkin is really cool! I was never any good at carving them. Of course, my daughter is terrified of pumpkins (literally) so we won't even try!
Nicole H
Alright Ice Family,
We have some exciting news...no, we are not expecting. HA HA. I thought you would like to see how all our friends have influenced us to start our own family blog...
http://shumakerhousehold.blogspot.com/
We thought it would be most beneficial for Miss Secret Blogger...Courtney...so she can keep updated with the things at home.
Anyway, Love Your Pumpkins. I couldn't do that even on Paper. :))
Christy
Well...Secret Blogger is now no longer a secret. I had to start an account to post on Christy's blog.
Anywho...It looks like you're having a wonderful time as a family...you, the girls, and your current wife. :)
Speaking of Christy...
HELLO DEAREST SISTER! :)
no stencil. just imagination.
Where is Isabelle in the carving? And why is there a dog? You don't have a dog. And you're not a farmer, does the pitchfork symbolize something else.
I vote that it is a stencil.
Paul I
p.s. I am going to buy another pumpkin right now so I can redo mine.
isabelle is has the pig tails and she is under the pitchfork. The pickfork was supposed to be the fallish, farmer-brown symbol but instead I think became the halloween, _______-brown symbol---oops!
Ben
Too cool! Great job! Wait 'til I show Aaron. We haven't carved ours yet....! Actually had to google how to do roasted pumpkin seeds.... I think we always threw the gunk away growing up. I'd like to try them....
Ok, I was just kidding about the dog and the pitchfork. Love the pumpkin and love Isabelle's smiles. I do think I need to take our pictures of our carvings off our blog though after seeing that creativity.
Paul I
Very cute pumpkin!
I'm leaving a comment regarding the free advertisement...speaking of Truth Trackers...is that Natty's picture on the Tiny Trackers site...coloring...hmmm...I don't remember ever signing a release paper form...hee hee hee. You know, pictures of my children are quite valuable!!
Post a Comment