Good-Bye Passy!!!!! I had kept procrastinating about getting rid of Isabelle's pacifier for a while now. We had her down to having it just at nap and bedtime (and of course for those moments of "hi-stress"/"low tolerance" for mommy!! :)) . Isabelle turned 2 1/2 today and this is the day that I had set for really getting rid of it. I had to set a date or I knew I was going to keep putting it off and she'd be 10 (with big buck teeth!) and still asking for her passy when she went to sleep!!! ha! And today I am happy to say that she has not had her pacifier for 3 days for nap or bedtime!!!! I was really nervous about her having a real hard time without it and wanting it and us having to keep telling her no. Well, that was not the case!! Sunday for nap Ben just layed her down w/o it and she went right to sleep w/o asking for it, crying, or anything. The same thing happened at bedtime. And honestly she's only asked for it once in the past 3 days and that was for a brief moment in the car today. Of course now she does take a little longer to go to sleep b/c she's chatting away with herslef in the bedroom but the passy is GONE!!! I should probably go on a search now for all of them so that she doesn't find one and start the process all over again!!! we're so glad it was an easy transition!!! Now our next step is the potty!!! I thought I would get rid of the passy and then tackle the potty training. We'll see how that goes and maybe it'll be as quick and easy as the passy turnover!! We'll see!! :)
Ireland's new thing is the cup. Yesterday I thought I would try to see if she could drink out of a sippy cup. So, I put some water in the cup and she took right to it! I couldn't believe it! It took Isabelle a while to take a cup and we had to try several before we found one she liked. Of course Ireland isn't perfect at it but she can take some sips from it. We stopped the introduction of food b/c her belly seemed so upset from both the rice cereal and then later when I tried carrots for a few days. I think I might try again in a few weeks when she's 7 mo. old.
We've been trying to teach Isabelle some Bible verses and some songs (and she's learned a few more songs since going to her new class in church) and to say/sing them when we tell her to. Sometimes we will sing together at the dinner table and say our Bible verses together. Below is a video of Isabelle singing Jesus loves me. When she was singing we were shaking our heads like 'yes, good girl, that's right' and...you can see the result from the video! :)
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
5 comments:
Way to go, Isabelle!! Good job giving up the passy! I was laughing out loud listening to her sing and nod her head! I love her little voice!
I can't believe that Ireland took to a cup so fast. That is great!
Very cute videos of Isabelle! She did a great job. I like the head nodding.
There is just something about a little kid singing praises to God that just make your heart melt.
Annika gave the paci up when she got teeth (3 mo)...any advice for giving up a thumb (she has a major obsession)?!? :)
You win the parent of the year award! That's awesome about her passy!! Like I told you, it was one of the hardest things we ever went through with Maggie. What a relief for you!!! That's wonderful. If you potty train her as fast as you got rid of the passy, I'm sending Callie over. =]
Well, my first thought with the "goodbye passy" was Ireland. Why, you ask? It was due to the picture below the title of little Ireland holding a sippy cup. It threw me for a loop. I could only think, "At 6 months, and Dayna got rid of the passy...poor little Ireland :))." Not to mention feeling that I was a bad Mommy for letting Mercy keep hers.
Now that I was relieved to see that it was Isabelle...and of course remembering you telling me about the paci and Isabelle after reading on...I was very proud of your accomplishment. Praise to the Lord for making it easier on the parents and Isabelle...oh, and Ireland too because she gets to keep her paci for the time being.
Yes, great job to Isabelle on the singing. You should mention the fact that we know that you were holding a sign up with the words along with the nodding of the head in the background:). Truth be told...Isabelle can read at the age of 2!!
Until the next great feat.
Christy
Yay for Isabelle and Ireland! Give 'em both a kiss from their auntie! :)
Post a Comment