Well, I woke up at 5am this morning (after waking countless times in the night w/contractions & potty calls) w/more contractions but these were a bit painful combined w/ some lower back pain. We thought we were going straight to the hosp. but I called my monitor nurse first. She had me give a dose of the brethyne thru my pump and then said to go on the monitor for 1hour and give myself another dose. Well, we gave the first dose and still was having pain and contractions so we were going to just go to the hosp. It's so hard to know when we should go or not. Long story shorter, I didn'y end up going. After the 2nd dose things seemed to settle a bit. So please keep praying b/c I have still been having more contractions and we don't want my cervix to dialate.
Some people wonder what i'm doing while on bedrest or what it's like to "lay around" all day. Well...there's only the prone position happening for me these days. I lay on my side with usually only one or two pillow under my head. How do I eat...laying down. Yes, it can be quir interesting. How do I brush my teeth...I don't (haha, j/k), Ben brings me my toothbrush and a cup to spit in. I ONLY get up to use the bathroom. Which is becoming more and more frequent these days. B/c standing for periods of time is not good for me I don't get to shower as oft as one would like. And yesterday I got my hair washed for me as I layed on the folding sun chair that Ben put in the bathroom so I could still lay down. Sarah was so sweet to wash my hair for me as my head hung in the tub. How did I dry my hair...yep, laying down. :) Yet still w/ all this laying I have contractions. If i need anything i have to ask someone to bring it to me. Which Isabelle LOVES bringing things to mommy and esp. loves being right next to mommy if I;m eating anything in hopes that she'll get a some too. Even if she just ate she thinks mommy's food looks good and "I'm still hungry" :) And I just can't help but giving her some.;)
There's a little info. on what's going on here. We're so thankful that Sarah's been here. She's been such a big help w/ everything. thanks to all who have brought us food - the thank you notes are a little behind but be sure we are very grateful for your kindness to us. And of course my dear husband has been nothing but GREAT! He does anything and will do anything for me. He's amazing!!!
God continues to show us His hand of mercy and we continue to trust in Him.
3 comments:
Hi Dayna,
So thankful to read that your precious daughter is still "inside". 28 weeks is a great milestone and 30 even better and not too far away...I'm sure for you it feels like forever since you can't get up! We will continue to pray for a full termer but also trust God is all knowing in what He chooses for you all! God Bless, Jodi Graham
It was nice talking to you today! We're still praying.
Love you and miss you!!!
Post a Comment