Ronald Reagan succeeds Jimmy Carter, becoming the 40th President of the United States. Minutes later, Iran releases the 52 Americans held for 444 days.
After 19 years hosting the CBS Evening News, Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time and another liberal took his place…Dan “Forger” Rather.
President Reagan is shot in the chest by a would-be assassin outside the Washington Hilton as he walked to his limousine following an AFL-CIO address.
A First Class stamp was $0.15
Unemployment was 7.1% (its 4.6% in 2007)
Median household income $19,074 (2007 it is 48,201)
Space Shuttle Columbia was the first shuttle to be launched.
About 12,000 members of the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization walk off the job in dispute over pay and working conditions. President Reagan gives them one day to return to work. When they don't, Reagan fires them all. I love that president!!!
NCAA Basketball - Indian def. North Carolina (63-50)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that 5 homosexual men in Los Angeles, California have a rare form of pneumonia seen only in patients with weakened immune systems (the first recognized cases of AIDS).
Lady Diana Spencer marries Charles, Prince of Wales.
A wonderful event happened on this day years ago. My wonderful wife was born. Dayna's Birthday is today. She is the best girl I could have ever hoped to marry. I could write a book about her...but fortunately Proverbs 31 is already written. I love you Dayna!!!! Can you guess what year she was born? The year she was born, the following took place:
10 comments:
Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear dayna, happy birthday to you!!!!
Hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray
Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good one!
Was it 1982? I know about what age I was when Prince Charles and Lady Di got married. (Nothing like making me feel old!) :-)
Happy Birthday!
Karen
Happy Birthday, Dayna!!
no, good guess though. It was 1981.
Happy Birthday Dayna!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! Glad to have another reason for a girl's night out!!
Happy, happy birthday! Hope this year is a great one for you. BTW, in the fall of 1981 I was in the second grade!
Happy birthday to you!! Hope you had a wonderful day!! Love you!
Happy Birthday, Dayna!!!
Happy Birthday to you!
Post a Comment