Yesterday for the first time since May 16th I was able to drive!! Isabelle and I went out to the Country store in Simpsonville yesterday to get some milk...all by ourselves!!! This new found freedom in more areas than one takes a little getting used to! :) Another new thing is the hotslings baby sling we got for Ireland. I found this online when I was on bedrest and thought it would work out good with having two children now. Well, we tried it out yesterday and it's great! Ireland seemed to like it and zonked right out. The sling is really comfy too! The last new thing is with Isabelle and sharing. It seems that Isabelle has decided that it would be a nice (???) thing to share her COLD with her 2 week old sister. :( Yes, Ireland has a cold at only 2 weeks old. I can't believe it and I feel terrible about it. We tried our best to keep Isabelle from getting too near her but sometimes there's not much you can do about it when she's getting to know her new little sister. This is the same cold that I asked prayer for it to go away BEFORE the baby was born. For some reason it just keeps hanging around! So Ireland has a yucky nose for the most part. No fever or anything bad like that. We're praying that she gets well soon (Isabelle seems to be getting better now) and that the cold doesn't get any worse.
Have a great Labor Day weekend. (You'll have to excuse me -I'm still just half put together in the picture...no makeup or hair done. It'll get done one of these days. ha)
5 comments:
All the little things taken for granted mean a whole lot more now to you I am sure!!:) Sorry to hear Ireland is sick too. You are right...it is very hard to keep the children separate. It seems those bugs get shared pretty easily unfortunately!:( Cool sling!!! Anything to keep your hands more available! Have a great holiday! Miss you~wish you could be here this weekend.
Hey Dayne! We're at my parents this weekend and next so we've finally been able to check email and see your baby!! I showed the whole family the pictures! She's so sweet and it's so neat to see how different the two sisters are! Glad she's doing well; hopefully I'll be over to visit soon. Oh, and we're putting more pics on our blog tonite, finally.
*Laur
Hey Dayna! I have a Hotsling too. I don't use it much now, but it was nice in the beginning. Glad you're getting up and back to normal. You look great! Hope the girls feel better soon!
Hi Dayna, I had a sling that someone made me for Chloe and I LOVED it! Glad you have one too. Sorry to hear about Ireland's cold! I guess she's getting a good start on a strong immune system. :)
Sorry to hear about the baby being sick...Jeffrey also has his first cold at two weeks. Then again at about 5 weeks! I just couldn't understand it, considering that Jackson never got sick until his 1st birthday! I really enjoyed seeing her Sun. night at church. She is so beautiful :) God bless you!
Post a Comment