Today is not going-home day. The doctor told us some news. He said he is still trying to stop the contractions and he was only going to consider sending her home when these stopped (that's not news). He hope maybe Mon or Tues she can come home with a monitor, medications, and.....bed rest. That's right, the rest of the pregnancy, the doctor said she must stay in bed (except to go to the watercloset). She is 23 weeks this past Wednesday and she will stay in bed until 36 weeks...which is the whole summer. Dayna and I are obviously disappointed. Bad news: all our plans (Dad's anniversary, VBS, taking kids to the Wilds, tenting with Sarah, etc.) will be put aside for Dayna and some for me, and I know there is more I could write but this is not our focus. Good News: God has a special plan for Dayna, Isabelle, and me. I will need to learn to be a servant:). Also, there are many more I could mention, however, only God knows what these good things are and we may soon find out. All we know is God will do good toward us as He promises (God's definition of good in Romans 8:29).
Dayna and I are praying for a couple major things to happen.
1. We are asking our all-powerful, all-loving, all-knowing God to keep Dayna's cervix at 2.1 centimeters and no lower. Once your cervix goes to 0 centimeters you begin dilation. From what I remember, the doc said Dayna's was 3.5 on Thursday and 2.1 on Friday/ A normal cervix is 3 or 4 centimeters.
2. Also, we are praying our Father will stop Dayna's contractions. This is very important as well because her contractions may cause her to abrupt and thus have a baby.
3. We're praying for strength. We don't know the future and we are praying God will accomplish the first two requests. If the cervix stays closed and her contractions starts, Dayna could be more Mobile as the summer goes along. However, from what the doctor has said, this may be a summer of endurance. Everyone will need God's strength--especially Dayna.
4. Pray for the baby. The doctors say she looks great!
4. The list goes on (provision, Isabelle, meds to work, etc.) but these are the times that the Lord sobers your home and puts you on your knees--which is good! These are the times when the Lord shows you life is not about yourself (good message Pastor John!). These are times of opportunity to serve God. Ask God to teach us this. Pray God above all will do what we need most--bring us to Himself. We so easily stray from God, but we so desperately need Him the most! Dayna and I prayed together today and read Psalm 147. Oh, God's Word is a balm and a comfort! How it can take a anxious heart and give it peace! Isn't it amazing how the Word is the only true comfort we can have? This Psalm really spoke to us. It was hard to get past verses 10-11: He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
God does not pleasure in what our temporal driven mind pleasures and trusts in. God pleasures in our humility before Him and our expectation of His enduring love (ESV).
Thank you for your prayers.
Ben
Side note: I am editing the books for Truth Trackers next year while I am in between helping Dayna. I mentioned this earlier but it's amazing the verses and doctrines the kids are learning next year. They will study: God's Nature, God's Greatness, Christ's Death, Prayer, Trials, The Holy Spirit. I can't wait for the kids to learn these great truths! Doctrinal truth is so practical and seems clearer when you're in the cooker!
4 comments:
Hey guys - we are praying for all four of you! Hope you get to go home soon.
We are definitely praying for you! I don't have any great words of wisdom, but you two are already being an awesome example and encouragement to those of us who read your blogs and sit by helplessly while you endure yet another trial. God's ways are always best!
Hello Dayna & Ben,
Our prayers are with you during this time...we know He will answer and do what it always best for us...just try to remember...He never makes mistakes (Isabelle, Hudson, etc.) and this baby will come at His perfect time and you will be thankful for each precious moment no matter how difficult! We claim His promises from His word for all of you! God Bless, Jodi Graham
Thank you for sharing your hearts. You have an incredible testimony and you will be teaching many people God's grace through you own trial. We are praying for you guys daily.
Post a Comment