It's me (Dayna) finally getting around to actually put a blog up. :) First of all, thanks to all those who are praying with us during this time. Knowing others are bringing these petitions before the Lord is a great encouragement. Please keep praying!
To explain the title...this thought came to my mind a couple of days ago, 'Not my will, but Thine.' Many times I've prayed, "God have your will in my life and do what it takes to make me more like You." But then I wondered after all this has happened, "I ask for God to have His will in my life but do I really mean that even if it means it might be something that's not the most enjoyable thing or a difficult trial?" As I've thought and prayed through this thought my answer to God has been "yes." It's many times (and even as I type this now) said through tears but with a genuine heart that wants what God wants in my (our) life. I'm the type of person that wants to ask the why question though something like this but I know that God doesn't want me to be asking, "why is this happening again, why me, why...?" He wants my true heart to be asking, "Not my will, but Thine not matter what because I know that Your way is best."
I have been reading and meditating through Psalm 143 and seeking to have this as my heart and prayer to God.
1Hear my prayer, O LORD, Give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me, And in Your righteousness.
2 Do not enter into judgment with Your servant, For in Your sight no one living is righteous.
3 For the enemy has persecuted my soul; He has crushed my life to the ground; He has made me dwell in darkness, Like those who have long been dead.
4 Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; My heart within me is distressed.
5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to You; My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. Selah
7 Answer me speedily, O LORD; My spirit fails! Do not hide Your face from me, Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; In You I take shelter.
10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.
11 Revive me, O LORD, for Your name's sake! For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies, And destroy all those who afflict my soul; For I am Your servant.
We're asking God to answer our prayers and hear our prayers not because of anything that we are but b/c of His faithfullness and His righteousness. God will always answer and whatever the answer is we can know it is always right because He is faithful & righteous!
Now for the update you probably were looking for...my bottom and bones are getting sore!! (Aren't you glad you kept reading???!!! haha) Really...I'm so thankful to be home and layng in my bed and on the couch rather than the board at the hospital. I'm thankful to be back with Isabelle!! She knows something is different about mommy and that I'm not able to get up to get her so she can run away from me when she wants to. :) I praise the Lord for such a great husband!!! He's met all my needs and MUCH MUCH more! He's being a great Daddy too! I couldn't ask for more. He's done more than I could have asked for and has always been loving and caring even though it's just as hard on him (probably harder)to have me on bedrest. The only time I'm able to get up is to go to the RR. Please be in prayer as tomorrow we go to the high-risk dr. for a checkup. We're praying that the length of my cervix hasn't shortened any. I'm still having the tightening contractions on and off throughout the day even with medicine. We'll try to give an update tomorrow after the 2pm appt. Sorry this blog was a little long hope you made it through. Thanks for praying and checking up on us.
8 comments:
Dayna,
Nice to see you are back on the blog! Thanks for sharing with us how the Lord has been working on your heart. It is an encouragement. Will be praying about tomorrow.
I am so glad the Lord has given you so many wonderful friends close by. I know they all have been an encouragement to you. We will continue to pray for you and Ben. What good verses you shared in this blog...I am sure they will uplift all who read them :)
It was good to talk to you the other day, I like your focus... on the Lord. you need to have Ben get you a tempra pedic mattruess for your bottom :) Seriously, they sell these at Walmart! They make a huge difference on your hips when you sleep and your bottom when you sit. I think you can get small squares to sit on as well.
Anyway, love you all!
The De Leons
Glad to see you posting! We are praying. I have not called you because I assume you are getting many phone calls and just trying to get settled. We look forward to seeing you this next Wednesday when we bring dinner.
When/If you feel like it, I've "tagged" you. See my blog aout tagging. :-)
We're praying, too! I have some DVDs to bring you to help you pass the slow times. :] Thanks for the encouraging verses.
Hey guys,
We are 12 hours away, but we would like to get on the meal list. Let us know what day next week is available and we want to provide a meal. We'll work out the details. We are praying for you. Paul I
Dayna,
I am up late tonight and the Lord brought you to my mind. I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. Your attitude is always so wonderful and uplifting. I know God will bless you and your family. Thank you for keeping us all updated so we can better pray for you.
Love,
Becky (Smith) Fickes
Dayna,
I am a friend of Kelly Hammonds. She told me about you and that you needed prayer. I have been praying for you and keeping up on the blog. Your testimony is wonderful. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Melody Peeler
Ohio
Post a Comment