As many of you know, Dayna is in the hospital. First the story and then what we know so far, then our thanks.

The Story
Dayna has been having back pain for the past week or so. On Tuesday, Dayna went into the doctor to see if the back pain and occasional stomach cramping was preterm labor. The doctor could not find a problem. On Thur day morning at 3:00 AM Dayna woke was in severe pain in her back and she had strong contractions. Jerry and Tessa (God bless you!) took Isabelle for us that night and we went to Greenville Memorial. They tested Dayna for a couple hours but could not find anything placenta problems or any cervix or dilation. The contractions were strong and 4-6 minutes apart. (By, the way, Dayna turned 23 weeks on Wed the 16th; Isabelle was born on the 2nd day of 26 weeks.) They gave Dayna a shot of Brethene to stop the contractions. The contractions subsided for a couple hours. Dayna went to the doctor at 9:00 AM and after four hours of tests, they concluded she was still having contraction (though not as hard as the 3:00AM ones). They could not find any pregnancy abnormalities after all the tests, but because the contractions persisted, they wanted to put her into the hospital. She checked into St. Francis around 1:00 PM. They put her on Magnesium (which makes your blood boil and makes you feel sick.) Dayna had this 12 hours before she had Isabelle and so she was not excited to be on this again as one would imagine. After she began the medication, she was having contractions about 8-10 minutes apart (also not very strong). The began to drug her up as the night went on. They put her on an antibiotic, another preterm-prevention pill, some nausea medication, and now she will be on PROGESTERONE. (I am actually on my way to get that from Greenville Memorial) I stayed with her all night to help her do her "duties." Last night was long and a bit rough with the sickness aspect and the constantly having to be helped to the bathroom. Dayna is pretty much zonked out now. All the drugs have put her into another world. We have been meeting with a high risk doctor, and he has been very helpful. I am forgetting a lot but I hope that helps.

What we know so far:
The High risk doctor said Dayna's cervix was 3.5 yesterday but is 2.1 today. The higher the number the better I guess. The doctor said 3s is safe, but the 2s does not mean a baby is on the way. To sum it all up, Saturday should be the day when we will know timelines and a clearer prognosis. The doctor is pretty sure she will not have this baby right now. He is trying to stop the contractions which, when Dayna was sleeping, went from 2 and hour to, when she is awake, 5 or 6 an hour. She sometimes has more and sometimes less. We still do not know what the problem is which can be good. It could be she is just having contractions. And once we stop them, she can take medication and be fine. However, with Isabelle Dayna had a placental abruption because of an infection. There is no abruption the doctor can see right now, but he says that the contractions for Isabelle's birth could have come first, then the abruption/infection, and then the birth (That's a guess. He said its like the chicken and the egg, which came first). So, when they stop the contractions, Lord willing, Dayna should be able to go home and have medication and a monitor.

Thanks to Jesus Christ and to you all:
Before Dayna went to another world, we were praying and talking about the Lord's hand. Dayna wants me to tell you she struggles with asking "why again?" but she reminds herself that God has a plan, and when his plan is complete, she wants to be found faithful. Yes, she is disappointed, but she knows hers is not to question why but to trust God is doing what is right and to ask Him for His mercy (which we do not deserve). We went over a verse we claimed when we came down to Simpsonville: "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure... I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it." Also, we have been editing next years truth trackers books which have the doctrines of "God's Greatness" and "Trials." God has His timing doesn't He? We know God has been so good to give us two babies, one in the womb and one in our home. Each day with both girls is a gift from God and we thank Him for His kindness to us. Thank you for your prayers. Pray for wisdom for the doctors. Pray for strength for Dayna. And pray for big stretch marks...I mean a full term baby! You have all been so kind. I hope this helps.
Ben