(the light from the camera shines in her eyes and makes her close them or squint)




We took Ireland Fatih for her 2week checkup today. She weighed 6lb 6oz when she was born, 5lbs 15oz when she left the hospital, and today she weighed 6lb 9oz! She's gaining now about an ounce a day the dr. said. She did not have to get a stick in the heal today b/c he said she looked good. Her jaundice seems to be mostly gone and only a little yellow left in her eyes.
Ireland is a very content baby so far. She eats every 2-3 hours depending on the time of day. Since her jaundice has been getting better she's been able to stay awake now during feedings better and wakes herself to feed in the nights more now. She only cries if she's really really wants to eat and doesn't get it right then. Usually she just grunts and squeeks a little and I know it's time to eat.

Some of the pics are from yesterday. Isabelle's hair has finally gottten long enough for me to put in a pony on the top of her head. She's still working on growing out the sides. When I put clips in her hair she usually pulls them out within a short bit of time, but she seems to keep the pony in pretty good so far. Isabelle will be TWO next Tuesday!!!! Can't believe it! We've already taight her how old she is. So when we ask her, "Isabelle, how old are you?" She says, "Two!" You can also ask her if she's a girl or a boy and (as long as you say girl first in the question) she'll respond correctly with "Girl!" Isabelle knows her baby sister's name is Ireland but when she says it, it comes out more like "Island." Very cute though!
Thankfully I'm feeling MUCH better these says. Little by little I guess! Yes, I am enjoying life in the standing position, but I can tell my muscles are very weak from the 13 weeks of bedrest. We praise God for how He has so graciously worked in our lives through this summer. It's already hard to believe that I was on bedrest from May 17 to Aug 15! Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually miss laying on the couch sometimes! :) As I reflect on my time on bedrest I am so thankful. Through it God gave me such sweet time in prayer with Him and sweet time in His Word. God drew me much closer to Himself through this and for that I am grateful. As Job said, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord!" The Lord gave us a pregnancy, took away me being able to walk about and be "normal" during the pregnancy, answered prayer and gave us Ireland Faith, and most blessed of all, drew me closer to Himself by letting me be at my weakest so that He could be my strength and shine through. All praise to Him!