Dayna came off her meds at 9:00 AM yesterday. She went to the doctor and was checked. They said it would take 6 hours for her meds to wear off. Sure enough, we went in the hospital at 12:00, they sent us home around 2:00 PM because her contractions were only 6 minutes apart and she was only 4 cm dilated :). So we went home. But around 3:00 PM her contractions picked up and she began to have them every 2 min, and they were a lot stronger and painful. We got the hospital around 4:45 and she was in extreme pain. They were full. By the time the doc saw her she was 9 cm and he said Let’s have this baby! She started labor at 7:00 and ended when baby Ireland was born at 7:56.
Ireland Faith Ice was 6 lb 6 oz and 19 ½ inches long. Dayna is still recovering and has more pain than she expected. Ireland slept through the night but she didn’t. Ireland had low blood sugar at first but the Lord allowed that to quickly rise in the next couple of hours.
Praise the Lord for 36 weeks. We were praying specifically the Lord would allow Dayna to go to 36 weeks and the Lord showed His grace on the very day. Ireland was more 36 wks and 0 days.
Here are some pictures and a video. Sorry I couldn’t load all of them up. I had some trouble. We will definitely put more up later.







19 comments:
VERY CUTE!! Look how big she is!! I'm so happy for you all. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery. Love the pics!!
She's beautiful! Does it seem strange to hold a nearly full term baby after your tiny preemie?
Congratulations!!!! I am so glad she is here safely! She is absolutely adorable. Has Isabelle seen her yet? What does she think?
Such a modest young lady already! You have a beautiful little Ireland Ice. God is so good---thank you so much for your demonstration of faith through all of this. We are praising the Lord!
Congratulations! I hope you are recovering well, Dayna, and I think she looks like you. She's beautiful!!
She is so precious - congratulations!!!
She's so beautiful as I know you guys can already see! :) So excited she's here and such a "big" girl! Isn't the Lord good!
Has Miss Isabelle been up to see her yet? Can't wait to see pics of them together!
Congratulations! She is so precious!!! What a beautiful gift from the Lord! Thank you both for your wonderful faithful testimony though this pregnancy - what an example!!! Dayna - I'll be praying for a quick recovery:)
Ben and Dayna, congratulations on the birth of baby Ireland. She is beautiful just like her mommy. How neat to have one that looks like daddy and one that looks like mommy!!:) God is so good. We Ice's have a whole lot to praise the Lord about in the last few days, don't we??? Thank you for your testimony the past months. What a blessing it has been to so many!! Praying for your speedy recovery! Hugs to all, Michelle
Praise the Lord for your sweet baby girl's safe arrival. I will be praying for Dana as she recovers from this delivery. Ireland is such a pretty little girl. God bless you all.
We are praising the Lord for the birth of baby Ireland! She is such a doll! I love the dark hair, just like mommy's. I can't wait to cuddle with her, but you'll have to give her a hug and kiss from Aunt Jill since I can't now. Congrats to all of you! We love you!
Congratulations! She's beautiful! Dark hair too! Can't wait to meet her. Will be praying for an easy adjustment period for everyone!
Look how beautiful and perfect she is! I can't wait to meet her! Congratulations Ice family!
She is adorable!!! I am so glad to have been able to hold her!! I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you, Dayna.
The Lord is good!
She is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys.Great job Dayna!! Lots of love to you all
I am so thankful for blogs!! Pictures and updates so soon...makes me glad we don't rely on pony express anymore!! Praying for a fast recovery Dayna!
How exciting to see how God has answered all our prayers. Praise God!! Continuing to pray for you all.
The Estell's
Congratulations! You have been in my prayers. I'm so glad to see pictures of a healthy baby! I found your blog through someone else's and have been waiting to hear to good news. I will be praying for you, Dayna, as you recover!
Love,
Val Rew
P.S. She was born on my birthday. :)
We were so glad to hear your news. :-) Congratulations! Praise the LORD for a healthy full term baby girl! The kids enjoyed watching the video today. Christian was pointing to the pictures saying "baby" and "cute". (He held onto the monitor and didn't want to get down either.) I am sure Isabelle will have lots of fun with your new blessing.
Thank you for sharing this part of your journey with us.
The Strubels
Post a Comment